Among the many day-to-day issues apartment managers have to handle, there is one that can be pretty uncomfortable and even intimidating: property crime. Following a few apartment security tips on how to secure your apartment complex during holidays can help keep your residents safe while you are gone.
How to Secure Your Apartment Complex During Holidays
The following are just a few apartment security tips:
- Make sure staff are easily identifiable. Often times, property criminals will try to pass themselves off as maintenance workers or property staff to trick residents. You can prevent this by making sure that your staff are always wearing uniforms and carrying photo ID when on duty.
- Screen your tenants and your staff. Conducting checks, not only on residents, but also on the people you employee can help you determine who could be a potential security risk.
- Stay current on your security systems. Make sure to schedule regular checks of your monitoring devices, locks, lighting and other equipment to ensure that everything is functioning properly.
- Inform your residents. Your tenants can effectively deter crime if they are educated and alert about crime. Provide them with security tips, such as keeping their doors locked and keeping valuables out of sight.
- Hire apartment security patrols. Apartment patrol can create a greater sense of security and reduce the fear and anxiety and crime in your apartment community. International Security offers residential security services for apartment complexes in the Bryan/College Station area.
These are just a few apartment security tips on how to secure your apartment complex during holidays. For more information on our security services or request security patrol for your property, contact us here at International Security today!